2.10.2013

Garden Expo 2013

Under the cover of being a new homeowner planning garden and landscaping this spring and summer, I attended the garden expo here in Madison. But the true reason I went was to hunt down succulents. Now, before you roll your eyes and call me a crazed obsessive-compulsive, I did learn about leaf mulch compost, garden borders and I bought two really cool art-metal trellises. However, my eye was constantly roving for my true loves and I was not disappointed.



I almost bought one of these purple/black beauties but held off until we had seen everything.







 Firesticks. I can't believe I don't have one of these.



There was a whole bunch of really nice (and expensive) mini succulent gardens. Don't you love the carved stone owls?

















While stopped in front of a booth selling siding or windows or driveway pavers, I happened to look down and see a little oasis of slightly sad-looking potted aloes. But I freaked when I noticed the Epiphyllum among them. The $4 price tag made the decision easy.


She needs a little TLC--some pruning, a re-pot and a good watering, but I couldn't be happier.


Check out the cool woody stems. It's probably a cutting off a much larger, old plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment