12.09.2010

Holiday Craft Project


While browsing through the latest issue of Sunset magazine, a fun holiday card craft project caught my eye. Their version was a simple, modern Christmas tree design, but I thought I could make mine a little more interesting, yet still be minimal and modern.


How-to:

Start by using a hole punch to punch notches on the sides of blank notecards. Try diagonals or sets of horizontals.

Chose one or two colors of embroydery floss. I also used fine silver string to give a little sparkle.

Tie the floss around to the back of the card, letting it a little slack so the card is not warped. Wind the floss around into the notches as many times as you wish, changing colors if you'd like.

It's as easy as that, and I think they look really neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment